Temporary Youth Case Manager
About the organization
Impact NW started over 50 years ago when a group of neighbors came together to address the growing poverty in their Southeast Portland neighborhood. Ever since, Impact NW has worked to create life-changing partnerships with our clients to help them stabilize and strengthen to achieve their goals. The key to our success is our people. Our employees are passionate and compassionate and they are our strength in supporting our mission. The rich lived and educational backgrounds of our employees enables us to tap our deep, diverse knowledge and experiences to build relationships with clients from many backgrounds and provide the extra support and guidance our clients desire. If you believe in what we do, join our team. Together, we can find a way. People of color and people from historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manage a caseload of 15 - 30 participants.
- Work with participants to develop a career plan, identify job placement barriers and develop solutions, provide wrap around services and client assistance, refer youth to support services, job-related training, work experience/internship opportunities, and apprenticeship opportunities available in the region
- Support youth as they progress through the Manufacturing Pre-Apprenticeship
- Provide job search and placement assistance or postsecondary preparation services until a participant finds employment or enters post-secondary training that meets their career goal
- Develop an understanding of the manufacturing sector training and employment opportunities
- Track participant data in accordance with funder’s expectations as outlined in the contract
- Delivers trauma-informed, strength-based client services; Assists the Program Manager as needed and supports open and honest communication and inclusion of diversity
- Assists the Program Manager with partner relationships and collaborating organizations such as schools, businesses, government entities and other family and youth serving organizations and community groups;
- Contributes to the team by working effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Completes accurate, legible and timely documentation and reporting of services delivered in accordance with the agency’s management information system
Any combination of experience and training that would likely meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in human services, social work, education, or related field
- Ability to connect with and build relationships with at-risk youth
- Ability to work with people and entities across multiple sectors, including industry, non-profit, workforce development and education
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple and varied tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both orally and in writing
- Ability to engage and collaborate with a broad spectrum of community members
- Sensitivity and ability to relate to people from diverse lifestyles, socioeconomic levels, and cultures
- Work effectively within a strength-based service delivery model
- Computer skills including familiarity with contemporary software
- Willingness to work as a team member and support the mission and goals of Impact NW
Resume and Cover Letter required
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job