Temporary Project Assistant: Elections
National Democratic Institute
ELECTIONS AND POLITICAL PROCESSES PROJECT ASSISTANT
Temporary Project Assistant: Elections and Political Processes
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is currently seeking a diligent, organized and enthusiastic undergraduate, graduate student or recent graduate with strong communication skills and demonstrated interest in elections and democratic transitions to assist NDI's Elections and Political Processes Team. The Elections Team is responsible for advising and assisting NDI's regional teams in implementing election-related programs around the world. The project assistant will work primarily with the Program and Senior Program Assistants of the Election and Political Processes team in our Washington, DC office. The anticipated start date for this position is early-August 2020.
• Track political and electoral developments in specific countries;
• Coordinate online outreach and communications for the Elections team and a global network of civil society activists;
• Assist with updates to an elections resource website;
• Update and maintain resource materials;
• Assist in the organization of travel, meetings and special events;
• Conduct research projects on specific election-related issues;
• Attend and report on meetings, briefings and events;
• Assist with administrative tasks such as scanning, photocopying and filing;
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor's degree or current graduate student in international affairs, political science or a related field;
• Demonstrated interest in international issues related to democratic transitions and the role of elections in promoting democratic reform;
• Experience with event planning and managing logistics strongly desirable;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Fluency in oral and written English; additional language skills desirable, particularly French, Arabic, Russian, or Spanish;
• Experience with social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter, strongly preferred;
• Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Ability to work independently and with others in a fast-paced environment; and
• Weekday availability of 40 hours per week for at least 3 months.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kp5xfkdkwtjzfxxh
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job