Temporary Project Assistant: Asia-Pacific
National Democratic Institute
Job Function: Washington DC
Location: Washington, DC
Temporary Project Assistant (Multiple Positions): Asia-Pacific (Begin September 2020)
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking candidates to work in Washington, D.C. as a full-time project assistant for the Asia-Pacific team covering a range of countries in Southeast and East Asia. The temporary project assistant positions are available beginning in August/September 2020 for a term appointment lasting three months with the possibility of extension for an additional three months based on performance and/or business need.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, a successful candidate would work from home and could be based anywhere in the continental United States (due to time zone constraints).
• Assist the Asia - Pacific team in organizing and implementing democracy development programs
• Collect and distribute to the Asia - Pacific team foreign and domestic newspaper, magazine, or journal clippings pertaining to Asia & Pacific affairs
• Attend meetings and seminars on Asia - Pacific affairs and prepare written presentations to Asia & Pacific team members
• Conduct special projects as needed
• Assist in providing logistical and administrative support to the Asia - Pacific team
• Assist with administrative duties such as filing, faxing, copying and mailings
• Bachelor's degree preferred, with coursework in political science, international development, Asian studies, or a related field or relevant work experience
• Must have excellent oral and written proficiency in English
• Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in Asia
• Available a minimum of 40 hours per week
• Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work with a team
• Experience managing work prioritization and attention to detail
• Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.)
• Ability to read, write, and speak an Asian language strongly desired
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI's Human Resources department.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/jkgy44wq2x39hk22
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job