Summit Public Schools
About the organization
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
The Technology Manager manages Technology Specialist(s), serves as a point person for school site technology needs, and administers network-wide technology systems.
This position is based in Washington State at our schools in Seattle and Tacoma.The Technology Manager reports to the Director of Technology.
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 3 - 5 years of related working experience in systems administration, troubleshooting and resolving issues related to devices such as computers, printers, networks, and smartphones
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues, especially within the Windows 7/10 environment and the ChromeOS environment
- Experience configuring, repairing, and administering technology devices including: laptops (Windows PCs and Chromebooks), printers, projectors, and video conference equipment
- Experience administering Google Workspace accounts and devices, preferably using GAM or similar tools
- Familiar with SSO Platforms and other Cybersecurity tools and best practices; knowledgeable about general IT best practices
- Experience with Powershell and/or other scripting languages
- Solid understanding of networking concepts
- Ability to meet health clearance, and pass the background checks, per education code
- Ability to lift and carry at least 35 lbs
- Ability to travel to the Bay Area twice a year
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job