Technology and Operations Organizer
About the organization
Corporate Accountability stops transnational corporations from devastating democracy, trampling human rights, and destroying our planet.
We are building a world rooted in justice where corporations answer to people, not the other way around—a world where every person has access to clean water, healthy food, a safe place to live, and the opportunity to reach their full human potential.
• Help keep everyone connected in our in-person and remote workplaces. You’ll provide technical support and training to staff, interns, contractors, and allies across the globe on multiple operating systems and computer software, web apps, communications apps, video conferencing, and other needs.
• Maintain systems, including computers, phones, networks, and servers, managing the day-to-day operations of these processes.
• Implement and maintain the organization’s security measures.
• Play a lead role in supporting key administrative systems within our finance team using your detail oriented, systems-minded skills to ensure we are processing donations and payments and following protocols to keep these processes secure.
• Provide technology and security support for campaign, fundraising, and board-related actions, events, and meetings.
• Help maintain and support the back-end needs of the organization’s websites.
• Actively participate in organization-wide planning, fundraising, racial equity work, recruitment, and campaign activities.
• The rampant abuses of corporations and the outrageous amount of power they have make you mad as hell— and you want to do something about it.
• You have a commitment to advancing racial equity and transforming systems of oppression, and are ready to do this in your day-to-day work. You understand that campaigning for justice must include working to dismantle white supremacy, institutional racism, colonialism, and anti-Blackness.
• You are down with technology and troubleshooting. Most likely you’re the one your grandma/uncle/colleagues/friends call when they’re in a technological quandary. And you love to help them figure it out, big or small. You’re patient and a good trainer.
• You have experience maintaining systems and managing projects from start to finish. You can meet deadlines and collaborate with colleagues to move a project along. When something doesn’t go as planned, you’re ready to adapt.
• You’re a numbers person—organizing spreadsheets, managing data, and keeping track of every last detail brings you great satisfaction—maybe even joy…
• …and you’re also a people person. You’re an organizer at heart and maybe by training, and you have experience working with a wide range of people from various racial and cultural backgrounds.
• You have 1-3 years of experience at a nonprofit, preferably with a background in IT, finance, administration, organizing.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job