Last Mile Health
About the organization
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Do you have a strong track record of working in digital education and an interest in quality assurance and expanding learner experience through communities of practice? If so, you may be our next Technical Director.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Community Health Academy (Academy), the Technical Director will lead on three essential areas of work spanning across the Academy team: knowledge management, quality assurance, and communities of practice engagement. They will work in close concert with the Senior Director of Operations and directors of the Health Systems Leadership Development (HSLD) and Continuing Clinical Education (CCE) arms of the Academy to promote the Academy’s learning opportunities and peer-to-peer engagement for health leaders and community health workers globally.
The ideal candidate for this role has previously worked at a senior level in digital education programs, and has excellent program management, communications, and strategy planning skills.
Please note that this role will be based in either Boston, MA or Kampala, Uganda.
What You'll Bring
- A Master’s degree in public health or related field
- At least 10 years working in international development, with a strong track record of in-country experience
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in writing high-quality reports and other written materials and speaking at international conferences
- Expertise in website content development and management
- A proven track record of highly effective team building, preferably across geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, to take the initiative and work effectively without a high level of direction
- Experience in building and maintaining productive and long-lasting relationships with external partners, such as governments, clinical entities, and academic institutions
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally
Please apply using the link provided. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job