Technical Coordinator, Country Engagement
Last Mile Health
About the organization
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Health Investment & Policy (HIP) team’s approach aims to combine deep technical knowledge of community health systems performance with an understanding of vision and process for health systems reform. This position will support the HIP team’s strategic goals to improve the design and performance of community health systems, particularly in Liberia and Malawi.
What You'll Do
- Support senior technical coordinators and directors in project execution, knowledge management, and deliverable completion as a key part of Country Engagement team
- Conduct and synthesize extensive research on community health systems and best practices
- Support team engagements with partners (LMH country teams, NGO partners), institutions (USAID, UNICEF), and Ministry of Health (all levels) to provide technical input into the design and implementation of projects to support national community health systems and ensure that the LMH team is addressing the client/partner's need
- Develop data sets from disparate sources of information, identify trends and insights from data, and effectively communicate trends visually and verbally to partner stakeholders to influence decision-making and advocacy
- Manage scheduling and planning of country visits and meetings, including outreach and follow up to individuals across multiple time zones
- Support country engagements through the development of talking points, presentations, graphics, and other required communications materials
What You'll Bring
- Experience working with governments as a technical expert or technical assistant in one or more of the technical areas listed above
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of experience.
You'll Impress Us If
- You have experience working with governments in resource limited settings
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job