Technical Advisor, Resource Mobilization
About the organization
Integrate Health (IH) is a small and rapidly growing global health organization working to serve poor communities in West Africa and New York. We believe that access to healthcare is a human right and we are committed to making this a reality in the countries in which we work. We have developed a primary healthcare approach that works, leveraging community health workers and improved care in public sector clinics to deliver better health outcomes and strengthen national healthcare systems. Having demonstrated our approach in a catchment area that serves 140,000 people, IH is scaling our model to cover 240,000 people by 2021 while developing evidence, through our embedded research unit called the Community Health Systems Lab (CHSL), to support the Government of Togo in its efforts to achieve universal health coverage. Increasingly, we are also applying the lessons learned in Togo to inform healthcare delivery in the United States.
Have you worked with a Ministry of Health to develop national plans, funding applications or policies? Do you have experience working to coordinate development partners at a national level? Have you worked to understand government funding flows? Are you excited by the possibility of influencing national policy? Do you speak French?
• Build strong relationships with senior leaders of organizations and the Ministry of Health
• Provide support to the government in mobilizing resources for the health sector from donors and increasingly from domestic sources
• Coordinate mobilization of funds from various sources like UN Agencies, Global Health Initiatives, bilateral sources, and local philanthropists, and prepare concept papers and project proposals
• Execute resource mobilization cycle including concept note and proposal development processes in collaboration with partners and the Ministry of Health to ensure that they are properly coordinated and consistent with internal program priorities, cross cutting issues and overall health sector priorities and goals
• Conduct regular mapping of resources from development partners, government and other sources
• Perform strategic and annual financial gap analysis in order to utilize all possible supply of financial resources i.e. domestic revenue, taxes, private out of pocket, donors, NGOs etc. to ensuring sustained financing of primary healthcare systems
• Continue to improve & disseminate the investment case for Integrated
• Master’s degree in a related field: economics, business, statistics, public health, public policy
• Minimum of five years of professional experience in demanding, results-oriented environments in the public and/or private sector
• Demonstrated experience in navigating political & strategic discussions objectively & diplomatically
• Skills in proposal writing, report writing & facilitation
• Relevant experience working in planning of programs, management of projects, and financial assessments
• Experience in coordination, communication decision making, committed to achieve results, relationship-building partnering & networking especially with government and international development partners
• Familiarity with health systems policies and sectoral reform processes; ability to promote team work between MOH and development partners
• Ability to autonomously and successfully translate large and complex data sets into reports, charts and tables to inform decision-making, and to communicate results to general and technical audiences alike
• Ability to solve problems and influence colleagues and decision-makers towards developing solutions
• Ability to work independently on complex situations and solve challenges with little structural or operational support
• Excellent business–oriented verbal, visual and written communication skills in English and French
• Strong analytical skills and technical proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint
• Willingness to travel in Togo
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Technical Advisor, Resource Mobilization Application in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply