Technical Advisor Consultancy, Chad (French Proficiency)
The Carter Center
About the organization
The Carter Center is guided by the principles of our Founders, Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter. Founded, in partnership with Emory University, on a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering, the Center seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health:
• The Center believes that people can improve their own lives when provided with the necessary skills, knowledge, and access to resources.
• The Center emphasizes action and measurable results in the lives of the people it seeks to help.
• The Center values the courage to break new ground, fill vacuums, and address the most difficult problems in the most difficult situations.
• The Center recognizes that solving difficult problems requires careful analysis, relentless persistence, and the recognition that failure is an acceptable risk.
• The Center is non‐partisan and it seeks to work collaboratively with other organizations from the highest levels of
Technical Advisor Position (Consultancy), The Carter Center support to the Chad Guinea Worm Eradication Program
Technical Advisors (TAs) provide technical and managerial support (on behalf of The Carter Center) to the Ministry of Health, Republic of Chad, Guinea Worm Eradication Program (CGWEP).
Full time in rural remote field settings, eighty percent of time spent working within villages. Must be willing and able perform effectively in a rural remote environment with limited access to resources / infrastructure, and to spend a minimum of eighty percent of time outdoors in a hot climate.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Oversight of all technical aspects of GWD eradication, including surveillance, implementation of interventions used to interrupt transmission of GWD, and staff compliance with the CGWEP operational guidelines
• Manage 30-40 field staff to implement interventions including but not limited to:
o Health education
o Case detection and confirmation
o Filter distribution
o Water source treatment with larvicide (Abate)
• Maintain positive relationships with community leaders, local authorities, and implementing partners.
• 2 years community-based programs public health experience, preferably in Africa. MPH preferred
• Demonstrated ability to build team work.
• Fluent written and spoken French & English
Starting rate at $175/day x 7 days/week
Contact email: [email protected]
How to apply:
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to [email protected] Subject line: Application Chad Technical Advisor Position. All documents ought to be in Microsoft word (.doc, .docx) or PDF format. In the body of the e-mail, please indicate where you saw the job posting.
Only finalists will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply