Technical Advisor- Capacity Strengthening
About the organization
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) has worked for more than 100 years to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. We engage, partner with and empower people to have a greater say in their futures and more equitable access to economic opportunities domestically and internationally through development.
The Technical Advisor will:
• Identify promising innovative approaches to building knowledge and skills across the USAID Advancing Nutrition portfolio, providing technical assistance for the design of courses, trainings and other capacity strengthening activities for USAID Washington and priority countries.
• Design dynamic, innovative, evidence-based learning experiences for a range of audiences, including USAID staff, implementing partners and frontline health workers, based on a clear set of learning goals and objectives.
• Develop course content for capacity strengthening activities, including facilitator guides, slide sets, handouts, job aides and other materials as needed
• Conduct needs assessments to determine the most effective approaches for achieving capacity strengthening outcomes in alignment with USAID goals, strategies, and plans.
• Facilitate learning sessions in both face-to-face workshops and virtual learning platforms.
• Ensure clear communication about the status and outcomes of capacity strengthening activities across technical teams, including the activity team, activity leads, directors and USAID counterparts.
• Contribute to the development of team (both global and country) work plans and budgets, ensuring consistency with project direction and strategy.
• Supervise and mentor Technical Specialists and/or Program Officers to facilitate professional growth and development.
• Education: Master’s degree or advanced degree in instructional design, human-centered design, organizational development, international development or communication.
• Experience: 7 years of experience working with capacity strengthening programs in international development, ideally with an emphasis on health, nutrition, food security, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, HIV, livelihoods or a related field.
• Ability to undertake field travel (approximately 30%)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Fluency in French, Russian or Portuguese highly desirable.
• Strong interpersonal skills and social-emotional intelligence; experience working effectively in cross-sector teams and cross-cultural settings.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate courses, design interactive learning experiences and curricula.
• Knowledge of the principles of capacity strengthening including adult learning, learning styles, participatory methods, instructional design, appreciative inquiry, whole systems design, e-learning and related areas.
• Strong planning, organization, and strategic thinking skills
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with a dynamic, engaging facilitation style
• Confident giving and receiving feedback in a direct, professional manner.
• Past experience working with USAID preferred
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job