Team Lead/Senior Researcher
Red Five Security
About the organization
Red Five is a concierge security company committed to delivering bespoke security solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ needs. Our team has extensive experience in security operations and intelligence, security design and engineering, threat and vulnerability assessments, investigations, and have trained corporate and government security professionals around the globe. Red Five clients include Fortune 50 corporations, law enforcement, military, intelligence organizations and high net-worth families.
The Red Five team includes seasoned experts from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, the U.S. Secret Service and the Departments of State, Defense, and Energy, as well as accredited security design specialists. We hire experienced and talented individuals and provide them with extensive ongoing training as well as a highly competitive benefits package.
Primary Goal: The primary goal(s) of this position is two-fold, (1) to serve as a subject matter expert and team lead to a team of junior researchers, and (2) to conduct open source research using Red Five provided tools and software, and other duties to assist our team of analysts. Excellent analytical, written, and oral communications skills are required, as well as the ability to work in a dynamic and challenging team environment with short deadlines.
• Perform extensive open source research in support of client projects and provide an analysis of the results;
• Perform online cyber investigations with appropriate tradecraft;
• Perform cyber analysis on collected data (both content and metadata);
• Learn, develop, understand, and implement appropriate cyber tradecraft when performing online activities and dealing with collected data;
• Serve as a subject matter resource to more junior researchers;
• Help junior researchers interpret the data they collect (as needed);
• Prepare briefings for prospective clients, program managers, and other company leaders;
• Develop materials in support of the clients’ and company leaders’ needs, to include: online exposure snapshots, corporate background profiles, and other privacy-centered products;
• Perform office administrative work as needed to further business objectives; and
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years of related experience
• Ability to take direction and work independently with minimal guidance as well as within a team;
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic working environment;
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication (both written and oral) skills;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, as well as Mac OS;
• Knowledge of email, social media, and Internet; and
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Knowledge of open source information sources and excellent internet research skills; and
• Knowledge of social media platforms and social media monitoring tools.
Contact email: [email protected]
Red Five provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply