Team Coordinator, US Jobs Initiative
The Rockefeller Foundation
About the organization
The Rockefeller Foundation advances new frontiers of science, data, policy and innovation to solve global challenges related to health, food, power and economic mobility. As a science-driven philanthropy focused on building collaborative relationships with partners and grantees, The Rockefeller Foundation seeks to inspire and foster large-scale human impact that promotes the well-being of humanity throughout the world by identifying and accelerating breakthrough solutions, ideas and conversations. For more information, visit www.rockefellerfoundation.org.
Reporting to the Managing Director - US Jobs, the Team Coordinator – US Jobs Initiative will provide direct operational and administrative support to two Directors and members of the US Jobs team, programmatic and back up administrative support to the Managing Director. The successful candidate must have significant experience managing administrative duties for a senior executive’s while juggling multiple tasks. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the highest discretion and diplomacy, integrity, excellent judgment, and respect in his or her relationships with colleagues and have excellent skills in communication and collaboration, as well as a high degree of detail orientation.
- Maintain complex calendars for the Directors and team, including scheduling and confirming meetings, reserving meeting rooms, organizing materials, identify key deadlines /milestones in team plans and flag for follow-up as necessary.
- Provide critical administrative support, including prioritizing incoming correspondence, attending meetings and taking notes, and tracking items requiring responses.
- Research and prepare background materials for critical meetings.
- Arrange complex domestic and international travel itineraries and travel visas if required.
- Prepare trip agendas and collect appropriate backup and briefing materials.
- Manage logistics for various projects and special events.
- Screen incoming calls and email correspondence.
- Undergraduate degree or relevant coursework required.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience with complex administrative and/or operational experience, and demonstrated commitment to administrative support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a patient, diplomatic disposition in interacting with senior management, co-workers and external partners.
- Experience in providing logistical support for travel, events and meetings.
- Experience supporting multiple managers and providing support to a larger team.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and analytical skills.
- High level of self-motivation and ease working independently.
- Proactive in setting priorities in a fast-moving environment and on a wide range of tasks and projects.
- Aptitude to work with flexibility, creative thinking, non-traditional approaches, entrepreneurship, and diplomacy, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, sensitivity to cultural communication differences, and ability to interact with colleagues from diverse backgrounds in designing and improving administrative support systems.
- Demonstrated aptitude or proficiency with the office technology such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and a willingness to learn new proprietary software systems.
Use the link above to apply online.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job