Teachers for Students with Autism
The New England Center for Children
About the organization
The New England Center for Children is a leading autism center and research institute committed to our mission: To transform the lives of children with autism worldwide through education, research, and technology. We help children with autism acquire the skills they need to maximize their independence. The organization provides a comprehensive structure to help children with autism at every stage: home-based, day, and residential programs, partner classrooms in public school systems, consulting services, ACE ®ABA software, and ongoing research on educational best practices.
All of our teachers, regardless of previous experience, receive extensive training and learn to apply the principles of behavior analysis to teach children, adolescents and young adults to acquire skills and maximize independence in the areas of academics, socialization, self-control of behavior, activities of daily living, communication and employment services. Whether working in the school, the community or the residence, all teachers are trained to competency and are expected to implement the full range of behavioral and educational programs individually designed for each student.
LEVEL II TEACHER – This entry-level position for individuals who are looking to begin a career in the field of human services. This position is for individuals who may have little experience to some formal experience working with children with special needs. These teachers work both in the school and in our residences with some evening and weekend hours. While all teachers work with all the students on the team, a Level II teacher, who has had some formal experience may serves as a case manager for 1 student and is responsible for educational program design, IEP development and regular communication with parents.
We have GREAT BENEFITS including
- SKILLS TRAINING in theoretical and practical applications of behavior analysis and behavior management techniques.
- Comprehensive HEALTH, DENTAL AND LIFE INSURANCE program
- Professional Development via ON-SITE GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS including; a Masters in Intensive Special Needs through Simmons University, or a Masters in Applied Behavior Analysis through Western New England University.
- Generous TUITION REIMBURSEMENT for related fields.
- COMPETITIVE SALARIES
- 5 weeks of paid VACATION per year
- RECRUITMENT BONUS PLAN
- RELOCATION assistance and HOUSING available
- On-site DAY CARE and INTEGRATED PRESCHOOL
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PLAN Our EAP professional is on-site for your confidential assistance.
- and MUCH MORE!
- Applicants must be seeking a full-time position with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and be physically, mentally and emotionally prepared for a challenging career experience.
- Applicants must have their own transportation and be able to obtain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Applicants must have positive academic and employment references.
- Applicants must be bright, energetic individuals with a strong desire to work with children or young adults and with experience in or an interest in being trained in the principles of applied behavior analysis
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit resume to our website
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job