Teachers and high school principal
Burao Academy of Science & Technology
About the organization
To shift a mindset, change a landscape, and make a difference.
Burao Academy is a non-profit, co-educational, boarding school for grades 7-12, located in Burao, Somaliland. The school prepares Somali youth for higher education & technical career opportunities in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
We are currently recruiting motivated and self-reliant teachers for the 2020-2021 school year, commencing September 2020.
We are looking for ambitious and motivated teachers to take on an exciting challenge to teach in Somaliland. If you want to touch lives each passing day, if you believe that every child deserves the right to a high-quality education, if you want to prepare students for unlimited global opportunities, apply today!
• Teach English as a Second Language (ESL).
• Teach one or more of mathematics, science, social studies and technology courses.
• Teach one or more of the Cisco Network Academy curricula.
• Teach Operating Systems & Networking.
• Assist in developing and implementing plans for the curriculum program.
• Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
• Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
• Evaluate students' academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
• Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned, e.g. youth clubs, library development and sports activities.
• Flexible and willing to fill in and assist as needed at the school.
• Prepared to collaborate and communicate with other teachers, parents and the school board.
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• Technical degree preferred but not required
• Native English speakers
• Work experience in Africa or other developing countries is desirable
• Experience teaching, lesson planning or supervising children in an education setting
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to adapt to change and be flexible
• A monthly stipend and Room and board
Contact email: [email protected]
For additional information, please feel free to contact me directly.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job