About the organization
Amana Academy is a K-8 tuition-free public charter school open to all students who are eligible to attend Fulton County Schools. Considered among the most well-regarded charter schools in the state of Georgia, Amana Academy’s Alpharetta campus was established in 2005 and authorized by the Georgia Department of Education and the Fulton County Schools system.
Amana chose the Harvard-based EL Education (Expeditionary Learning) model* because of its equal emphasis on academic achievement and character education. With high standardized test scores, an integrated STEM curriculum, a focus on stewardship and ethical character, and Arabic world-language instruction across all grade levels, Amana is a success story in the world of whole-child education.
As Amana Academy expands and opens a second campus in West Atlanta, it continues to thrive as a network of STEM-themed EL Education charter schools inspired by the successful track record at our flagship school in Alpharetta.
● Provides content-related and appropriate instruction based on Amana Academy’s curriculum
● Provides classroom environment which promotes active learning in subject area
● Exhibits knowledge of performance-based instruction, assessment, and data analysis
● Communicates responsibly with students, parents, colleagues, and school leadership
● Accounts for student attendance and punctuality
● Follows all school, county, state, and federal policies and procedures
● Follows professional ethics in all work-related activities
● Prepares adequately for responsibilities to be assumed when absent
● Works with parents/guardians in all aspects of the student’s educational program
● Facilitates home-school communication by such means as holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written communications
● Integrates appropriate technology into classroom instruction
● Avoids behaviors which detract from staff morale
● Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator
● Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited university required
● Certification/Licensure: Valid Georgia Teaching Certification in applicable field required, or must be eligible to hold a valid Georgia Teaching Certificate
● Experience: 2+ years of classroom experience preferred
• Proven communication and instructional strategies
• Classroom management skills
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
• Excellent organizational skills
$15-$30 per hour
Contact email: [email protected]
Please be aware of the working conditions.
• Amana West is located on Girl Scout property at Camp Timber Ridge on 270 beautiful acres of land in Mableton, GA.
• Classes will be held inside pod-like modular buildings separated by grade.
• All specials are located in separate buildings that require a 5-15 min walk through the woods.
• School will at times operate in an outdoor setting in a variety of weather conditions.
• Staff must be comfortable teaching and leading students in both an indoor and outdoor setting.
• Staff must possess and demonstrate an innate comfort with flexibility and being able to adapt to new circumstances.
● Physical Demands:
• Ability to lift and carry 30-50 pounds with assistance
• Ability to push or pull a maximum of 50 pounds
• May require stooping or crouching
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job