Tanzania Program Associate
One Acre Fund
About the organization
One Acre Fund is a non-profit social enterprise that supplies financing and training to help smallholders grow their way out of hunger and build lasting pathways to prosperity.
One Acre Fund is developing new business units to push innovation in retail, finance, and marketing in rural communities. One of these units is the Seed Adoption Campaign, which aims to build access and demand for improved seed across Tanzania.
Improved seed can generate significant increases in yield and farm productivity, with minimal behaviour change required. However, adoption of improved seed is lower than 25% in many Sub-Saharan countries. Increasing adoption of improved seed in Tanzania represents millions of dollars of potential impact for smallholder farmers.
Seed-related innovations are one of the organizations highest priority areas for generating impact for farmers and the Seed Adoption Campaign will continue to grow rapidly in both work scope and team size, serving over 70,000 farmers in the 2019-20 farming season. The goal for most innovations like this is to scale them to reach huge populations of smallholder farmers, generating as much impact as possible.
We are seeking exceptional individuals to join this team. Strong candidates would be managing region-wide and nationwide ventures to innovate within and expand the Seed Adoption Campaign, supporting farmers in new markets.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ready the program for expansion to reach our 2020/21 season goal to double our reach to 160k+ farmers, helping us to reach 780k+ farmers by 2023/24
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
We are seeking an exceptional candidate with 5+ years of consulting, project management or entrepreneurial experience and a demonstrated passion for poverty alleviation. Candidates who match the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Strong management experience of large projects including budgetary management or successful entrepreneurial experience.
• Experience developing innovative ideas and opportunities. We are seeking someone who is able to contribute to operations and strategy development.
• Leadership experience at work or outside of work. Strong ability to work through others and manage a large team of 100+ staff.
• Proven relationship building and stakeholder management with public and private sector actors.
• Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience and a humble approach to serving smallholder farmers.
• Language: Fluency in English and Kiswahili required both written and oral
• No agriculture-specific experience required but advantageous
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/6f2txfwhcb9ytyyj
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job