Talent Sourcing Specialist
About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
1. Work with DESC’s Business Services team to help maintain relationships with employers to generate job opportunities for job-seeker base.
2. Work closely with Career Advisors to determine the type of jobs that match the skills and qualifications of our job-seeker base.
3. Market job opportunities to job-seekers through one-on-one meetings and on-site recruitment events.
4. Screen candidates for job interviews and make appropriate referrals to employers.
5. Make ongoing follow-up calls and/or site visits (if applicable) with job-seekers and employers to determine employment status and satisfaction with services delivered.
6. Advise candidates on how to prepare for interviews.
7. Meet monthly placement targets and compiles reports that track activities and outcomes.
8. Responds promptly and professionally to job seeker and employer customers.
9. Manages and updates database of job development leads and case notes.
10. Maintains a current understanding of economic and employment trends and emerging career opportunities.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. BA or BS degree or equivalent education and experience in workforce development programs.
2. Two-three years’ experience in recruiting, sales, job development or account management.
3. Successful experience in meeting goals in a high-volume sales environment preferred.
4. Ability to thrive in a performance-driven business setting and consistently meet goals.
5. Demonstrated successful experience presenting in front of large groups.
6. Superior Communications skills in writing and orally.
7. Bilingual Skills (Spanish and/or Arabic) preferred.
8. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team.
9. Strong organizational skills.
10. Exceptional sales skills with a demonstrated ability to generate leads, close deals and deliver results.
11. Critical and creative thinking skills.
12. Able to work in a fast-paced and performance-based environment.
13. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, CRM applications and online sourcing tool.
14. Must possess and provide a valid Michigan Driver's License. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and have access to reliable transportation to commute to employer and Detroit At Work Career Center locations.
TO VIEW FULL DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE VISIT: www.sermetro.org/job/talent-sourcing-specialist-3/
Contact email: [email protected]
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must visit www.sermetro.org/apply
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job