Tajikistan: Country Director
About the organization
t Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
Internews seeks a Country Director in Tajikistan to provide strategic guidance and leadership for Internews' work in country; oversee project activities; supervise program personnel, financial management, and administration; and coordinate with funders and other media stakeholders in the region to ensure that Internews leverages existing resources, avoids duplication, and complements other media development initiatives. They will also be responsible for establishing strong partnerships with counterparts nationally and across the region and with the appropriate donor representatives.
To read a complete job description, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1456
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party, Program Director, Country Director, Deputy Chief of Party, or equivalent management experience with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with local counterparts, international organizations, and donors.
- At least five years of experience in media and/or media development.
- Deep understanding of the local and regional media sector.
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing, and implementing technical assistance for donor-funded media or democracy projects and proven ability to develop and monitor work plans, training plans, and procurement plans.
- Proven experience working effectively with independent media, civil society organizations, various types of partners, and local government counterparts.
- Experience with USG-funded media projects is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated budgeting and financial management skills.
- Strong leadership, staff management, team-building and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to creatively problem-solve and provide ethical management.
- English fluency required; proficiency in Tajik and/or Russian highly preferred.
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job