Sustainable Feed Systems Lead Specialist - 21007
WWF Washington, DC
WWF, one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Sustainable Feed Systems Lead Specialist with in-depth knowledge of the animal feed industry. The incumbent will support and leverage the collective work of WWF's Freshwater & Food and Markets teams to develop and implement strategies that will reduce the environmental footprint of animal feeds for livestock and aquaculture production systems. The candidate will be required to build a program of work around the reduction in environmental impacts associated with raw material production for feed ingredients. The Lead Specialist is expected to provide thought leadership on approaches to engage industry, build successful platforms to foster pre-competitive commitments to reduce the key impacts of feed and feed ingredient production. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to manage and analyze scientific literature, large data sets, spot trends and forecast trajectories of the animal feed and animal nutrition sector. The incumbent will foster a shared understanding of the fundamental challenges and impacts of feed production and work across the various corporate and commodity experts within the WWF network to build consensus
• Provide thought leadership to identify trends in animal feed production, utilization and innovations that reduce their environmental impacts.
• Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree in animal nutrition, marketing, supply chains and/or an MBA a plus.
• Must have 8 years of experience in the production, formulation, procurement, sales, supply chains and management of feed and/or optimizing animal nutrition in corporate environments.
• Experience in procurement of raw materials for feed production and applicability and context for livestock supply chains, as well as traceability and accountability systems for suppliers is preferred.
• Must have strong strategic and analytical skills
• Fluency in English required. Fluency in a second language, ideally in Spanish, Mandarin, or Thai, is preferred.
Please Note: this is a 2-year Limited Term position
• Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #21007
• Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
Apply Here: https://www.Click2apply.net/gbtrqxnr9prw3pnh
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job