National Aeronautics and Space Administration
About the organization
The Center Operations Directorate is responsible for ensuring the availability of facilities, services, and innovations necessary for the operation of the Johnson Space Center.
Serves as the Sustainability Champion for Johnson Space Center in the Center Operations Directorate. Promotes sustainability principles throughout the Center.
Additional duties include:
- Ensures maximized effectiveness of sustainability, considering all associated directives, requirements, regulations and mandates.
- Represents the Center in various community and state forums.
- Analyzes data to investigate and recommend opportunities for incorporating sustainability into new areas. Provides technical expertise and advice to facilitate incorporation.
- Benchmarks sustainability programs to maximize effectiveness of sustainability at the Center.
- Maintains awareness on new and evolving techniques, processes and technologies.
- Integrates Directorate activities associated with sustainability, including green building, energy-related projects, fleet and vehicle charging, waste disposal, re-use of supplies, utilities, and recycling.
- Assists with implementing ongoing sustainability activities both internal and external to the Johnson Space Center to promote awareness. Participates in organizing and implementing short- and long-range sustainability plans.
- Partners with outside entities to ensure progress towards sustainability goals, such as transportation and climate resilience.
Assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progresses. Grade level will be determined based on your education and experience.
There are no qualifications for this position
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send your resume to Andrea Parker at [email protected] and statement of interest. Verification of Non-Competitive Eligibility will occur after the application period has closed.
Grade level will be a GS-09 (58,942-76,620) or GS-11 ($71,313-$92,713) based on your education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply