Support Services Specialist, GS-342-9
Department of State
About the organization
The position is located in the Global Engagement Center (GEC), Office of the Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs (R).
The incumbent serves as a Support Services Specialist responsible for directing a full range of support services essential to the efficient operation of GEC and support of Center programs and activities. The incumbent obtains and provides comprehensive office management support and coordination in the areas of procurement and contracting, supply management, equipment maintenance, property management and accountability, space utilization, travel services, and other administrative services as appropriate.
• Overseas reporting of maintenance and repair needs of all space occupied by the Center; conducts periodic in-depth inspections of all assigned space, forwarding findings, recommendations and cost analyses to the supervisor; and coordinates maintenance and repair requirements and activities with the property management division and/or with building engineers.
• Plans and monitors all details of office moves, drawing up detailed space layout plans, working with individuals involved in the move to plan personnel work sites, placement of furniture, machinery, telephones, etc.
• Reviews, monitors and evaluates contractor progress, status reports and final reports to assure adherence to terms of contracts and adequacy of program/project requirements; and
provides authoritative advice on procurement policies, procedures and requirements to all levels of management.
• Under the Purchase Card Program, reconciles Statement of Accounts monthly and forwards to the Approving Officer for review and certification. Identifying billing errors, incorrect price, etc.
• Serves as the Property Management Officer responsible for developing strategies to replace all property and equipment consistent with budgetary considerations and federal and departmental property disposal regulations.
• Assists in resolving travel problems, manages travel advances, and credit card and voucher assistance programs.
-Experience providing the full range of general services and procurement duties.
-Experience reviewing contracts and negotiating terms and agreements with various contractors for the procurement of goods and services.
-Experience analyzing, interpreting, and applying the laws and regulations that govern support services programs and functions.
Contact email: [email protected]
Resume Required: To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, Submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page. If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply