Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Doctors Without Borders
About the organization
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff - bound together by our charter. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation.
MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of more than 67,000 people.
Supply logisticians are either based in the project or in the capital, and work closely with all departments, ensuring that accurate forecasting is done so that the project has the capacity to respond immediately to urgent medical needs as they arise.
Supply logisticians are responsible for ordering all supplies for the project. They often have experience in supply chain management and have strong skills in managing spreadsheets and databases. Training, supervising and managing local staff is a key responsibility, and the supply team may be comprised of storekeepers, purchasers, supply logistics assistants and laborers. A large part of the supply logistician's work is to build the capacity of these local staff, as well as to ensure safe and fair working conditions and manage administration of the department. Supply logisticians also have frequent interaction with local authorities and organizations and often oversee the implementation of security protocols to ensure the safe movement of cargo into the project.
To see a generic job description and potential career path with MSF, click here: http://career.msf.be/jobs/lm02001-project-supply-chain-manager
• Compliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
• Commitment to work in the field for a minimum of 9 to 12 month assignments
• Previous experience in a low resource setting (priority given to those with experience working in a humanitarian context)
• Minimum of two years professional experience in supply chain management, e.g. needs assessment, order management, purchasing, stock management and freight management
• Professional experience supervising, managing or training staff
• Experience with organisation and set-up of supply administration and related supply procedures
• Familiarity with cold chain maintenance and procedures
• Experience with contract writing, budgeting, reporting
• French or Arabic language (B2 or above)
• Relevant diploma, preferably a university degree
• Experience in bookkeeping, payroll, administration, accounting, and/or human resources management
Contact email: [email protected]
MSF-USA is committed to the principles of equity, inclusion, and respect of diversity. As core principles inextricably linked to our success; equity, inclusion, and respect of diversity allow us to carry out our social mission and serve our patients.
MSF Field HR fosters diversity by embracing people of all races, ethnicities, national origins, genders, ages, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic status.
The MSF-USA Field HR Recruitment Strategy reflects MSF-USA’s strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion to ensure a highly skilled and culturally responsive workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job