Supply Chain Analyst, Planning and Ordering
Partners In Health
About the organization
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
The Supply Chain Analyst plays an important role in supply chain optimization and will execute day to day operations related to order execution and procurement planning to support care provision across PIH’s sites. This individual must be detail oriented, organized, and proactive, with a service-oriented mindset and strong communication skills. The position is full time and reports to the Supply Chain Manager for Planning and Ordering.
Ordering and Logistics:
* Execute all steps of the ordering process, including: work with site-based colleagues to understand requests; request quotations from vendors; analyze quotations and confirm orders with vendors; enter order in ERP system, document ordering decisions and budget approvals; ensure requesters are kept updated about order status
* Maintain the integrity and transparency of all department records and files
* Work with logistics colleagues and vendors to resolve discrepancies and ensure inventory is accurate
* Proactively diversify vendor pool, pursue opportunities for cost savings with existing vendors, and manage vendor relationships
Supply Chain Optimization:
* Contribute to data quality initiatives
* Conduct data analysis and prepare reports as needed
* Contribute to budget preparation and grant reporting
* Implement process improvements to optimize the ordering process
* Act as supply chain point of contact for assigned projects or sites
* Five years relevant experience or training/education in procurement, sourcing, or similar
* Demonstrated success managing large orders or data sets with high attention to detail
* Experience using enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems or proven ability to learn new electronic systems quickly
* Ability to follow established processes and experience implementing process improvements
* Willingness to do important repetitive tasks and data entry and ability to see their connection to larger team and organizational goals
* Demonstrated success responding to a high volume of requests and ability to react to needs with a sense of urgency
* Advanced excel skills
* Strong communication skills and ability to respond to changing priorities
* Ability to work well with a diverse team, honoring concerns and priorities of field-based staff
* Interest in social justice and health equity
* Experience with international pharmaceutical and/or medical supply procurement
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
* Flexibility, good judgment, and ability to work under pressure, within a team and independently
* Ability to work well with a diverse team, honoring the concerns and priorities of staff in field sites
* Ability to solve problems creatively in order to meet organizational goals and objectives
* French language skills a plus
Please submit a cover letter with your resume
Please note that we are not able to sponsor U.S. work authorization for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job