Supervisory Loan Specialist (Commercial)
About the organization
Are you excited by the idea of helping to support $39 billion in small business financing and setting proper conditions to stimulate America's economic growth? SBA has been a leader in small business development for more than 60 years. In an increasingly globalized economy, we tackle challenges confronted by the small business community across geographic boundaries. Although times have changed since the SBA was founded in 1953, the Agency's mission-to promote the growth of small business-has not. Today, SBA is more vital than ever. We work in collaboration with partner organizations and using cutting-edge technologies and well-tested best practices to multiply our impact on small businesses.
This position is being filled in response to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.
Appointment type - Temporary - 1 year
Many vacancies in the following locations: Little Rock, AR; Fresno, CA; Citrus Heights, CA; Hazard, KY; and Herndon, VA
The Supervisory Loan Specialist will perform the following duties:
- Plan, develop, direct, coordinate, and evaluate the liquidation and guaranty purchase program of the Center. Responsible for the overall guaranty purchase and liquidation of the loan portfolio assigned to the Liquidation or the Purchase Team.
- Plan, supervise, direct and evaluate work of subordinate Loan Specialists.
- Review completed work of subordinates to ensure adequacy and quality of output.
- Provide technical and administrative supervision to the guaranty purchase and/or liquidation team encompassing multi-disciplined employees with various duties and responsibilities. Provide advice, guidance, and administrative control for the team and assigned members through counseling or instruction on the team initiatives and priorities.
- Counsel employees and resolve complaints and problems.
- Review overall guaranty purchase and/or liquidation division accomplishments and assist the Center Director in evaluation of the extent of achieving desired objectives, whether initiatives are being carried out and contract is in compliance as stated in the Performance Work Statement.
GS-13: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, obtained in either the private or public sector processing and underwriting commercial and business loans, along with collateralizing such loans; and determining cash flow and repayment ability on complex business and commercial loans; and servicing and liquidating commercial and business loans; and training and mentoring staff members or customers.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM's Qualifications web site:
Loan Specialist Series; GS-1165
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
$91,231 to $133,465 per year
Contact email: [email protected]
See application link.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job