SUMMER RESIDENT ADVISOR - NSLI for YOUTH Program (NY/Moscow)
Russian American Foundation
About the organization
The Russian American Foundation (www.RussianAmericanFoundation.org) is an established NY based non-profit with a non-partisan mission to promote a positive dialogue between the people and cultures of the United States and Russia. As part of our internationally acclaimed programs in the fields of education, culture, and sports, RAF implements annual programs for youth in partnership with the internationally renowned Moscow's Bolshoi Ballet Academy and the US Department of State, Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs.
A cultural exchange program funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and implemented by the Russian American Foundation is seeking a Summer Resident Advisor to oversee a group of high school students awarded the NSLI-Y scholarship. In both NYC and Moscow, the Resident Advisor will be responsible for participants’ safety, well-being, academic progress, as well as making sure that participants attend all planned activities and abide by Program rules.
PROGRAM - A (Pre-departure & Post-arrival in NYC / 6 wks in Moscow)
- A group of about 16 general Academic students ages 15-18yrs.
- 3 days pre- and 1 day post- Program Orientations in NYC
- June 17, 2020 – August 2, 2020
PROGRAM - B (3 wks in NYC / 6 wks in Moscow)
- A group of about 14 American ballet students ages 15-18yrs.
- During the 3 wks in NYC prior to departing for Moscow, RA will be engaged in standard RA/Chaperon responsibilities and will have an opportunity to get to know the participants, as well as the nature of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy Program and related ballet training issues.
- June 19, 2020 – August 23, 2020
- Fluency in English and Russian languages (comprehension, speaking, reading, writing)
- Responsible, mature, and organized with experience in overseeing a group of minors
- Experience with residency in Russia, preferably Moscow
- Prior supervision experience in youth groups/camp environments
- Successful completion of BA/BS and 2 years of work/graduate school experience
- Preferred: Past experience with US Department of State Programs
PROGRAM A: $5,000 + housing and meals + travel expenses. PROGRAM B: $6,500 + housing and meals + travel expenses
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send your cover letter and resume ATTN: Natalia.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply