Summer Program Media Intern | Global Leadership Forum
United World College - USA (UWC-USA)
About the organization
UWC-USA is one of 18 UWC campuses on five continents. A two-year residential school, UWC-USA serves students age 16-19 who represent over 75 countries. They participate in a unique program that combines academic rigor with experiential, hands-on learning. UWC-USA distinguishes itself through its four signature programs: Arts & Culture, Wilderness, Constructive Engagement of Conflict, and Sustainability.
Global Leadership Forum (GLF) is a summer program located on our New Mexico campus. GLF empowers youth to foster social justice at the local and global levels. Over 23 days, participants internalize the UWC mission and core values by communicating effectively, growing as a person and citizen of the world, and by developing close relationships with peers from around the world. GLF builds on UWC-USA’s four signature programs to give participants leadership skills to plan and execute a community project that addresses a social justice challenge in their home community.
• Bring and use own media equipment
• Engage with the participants throughout all workshops and activities on campus, off campus, and in the wilderness
• Participate in all wilderness and outdoor activities
• Interview staff and participants about their experience
Video & Photography
• Take high-quality photographs and B-roll video of staff, participants, and all programming activities during the summer program
• Create a 1-2 minute mid-way recap video of the program and participants
• Assist GLF students in the creation of any digital media projects
• Research and acquire free music to incorporate in the produced videos
• Manage GLF Facebook and Instagram accounts by posting updates, pictures, videos, and stories that highlight the whole program
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
• Background in video and sound editing
• Able to work well in a team and work effectively, efficiently, and independently on projects
• Excellent communication skills
• Mature, flexible, adaptable, dependable, and respectful within a diverse community
• Background drone use to capture video and pictures
Criteria to Apply:
• 19 years of age or older (if under 19 you are eligible to volunteer only)
• US resident or hold a current valid visa through July 21, 2020
• Commit to attending staff training and entire GLF program between June 17 – July 20
• Be physically able to participate in 2-3 hikes & camp overnight in the wilderness
• Arrange own travel and health insurance
$500 or Paid Travel or Volunteer
Contact email: [email protected]
1. Complete online application
2. If granted an interview, schedule one with GLF Director.
3. Receive an update on your application status.
4. If accepted, submit health information & arrange travel
5. Arrive to New Mexico!
UWC-USA is an equal opportunity employer. More information about UWC can be found at www.uwc.org. More information about UWC-USA can be found at www.uwc-usa.org. More information about GLF can be found at www.uwc-usa.org/GLF.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job