Summer Program Instructor | Global Leadership Forum
United World College - USA (UWC-USA)
About the organization
UWC-USA is one of 18 UWC campuses on five continents. A two-year residential school, UWC-USA serves students age 16-19 who represent over 75 countries. They participate in a unique program that combines academic rigor with experiential, hands-on learning. UWC-USA distinguishes itself through its four signature programs: Arts & Culture, Wilderness, Constructive Engagement of Conflict, and Sustainability.
Global Leadership Forum (GLF) is a summer program located on our New Mexico campus. GLF empowers youth to foster social justice at the local and global levels. Over 23 days, participants internalize the UWC mission and core values by communicating effectively, growing as a person and citizen of the world, and by developing close relationships with peers from around the world. GLF builds on UWC-USA’s four signature programs to give participants leadership skills to plan and execute a community project that addresses a social justice challenge in their home community.
The GLF Instructor will be responsible for:
• Contributing to the development of the GLF curriculum
• Implementing the GLF curriculum via facilitating engaging workshops, activities, and meaningful discussions and debriefs
• Effectively presenting information and content, and responding to questions from student groups and individual students
• Leading and inspiring GLF students to achieve its goals
• Professionally planning and co-planning workshop, activities, and debrief discussions with other staff and the Curriculum & Instruction Manager
• Providing constructive feedback on facilitation and pedagogical strategies
• Assisting with all logistical tasks
• Participating in all outdoor wilderness activities
• Establishing a positive learning environment and maintaining professional boundaries
• Facilitating and modelling non-violent communication skills
• Supporting participants’ social and health well-being via integrating oneself in residential life, educational experiences, and all meals
• Having a passion in creating the next generation of changemakers and leaders!
Criteria to apply
• Be at least 21 years old by June 28, 2020 (unless an exception is made)
• Be available for virtual meetings to help plan and contribute to the GLF curriculum between April 1st – June 29th
• Be able to attend Staff training, the GLF program, and a post-GLF debrief session between June 19th – July 22nd
• Be physically able to participate in 2-3 hikes & camp overnight in the wilderness
More information, go here: https://www.uwc-usa.org/programs-and-workshops/summer-youth-program-glf/join-our-staff-team/
$1,500 or Travel Compensated
Contact email: [email protected]
More information about UWC can be found at www.uwc.org. More information about UWC-USA can be found at www.uwc-usa.org. More information about GLF can be found at www.uwc-usa.org/GLF.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job