Summer Camp Counselor
Girl Scouts Nation's Capital
About the organization
Camp Potomac Woods is a Girl Scout sleep-away camp for Girl Scouts in grades K-11 (ages 5-17) where campers connect with nature and develop creativity, confidence, and social and emotional skills in a fun, safe, rustic, and traditional camp setting away from the digital landscape.
Located on the Potomac River in Loudoun County, Virginia, Potomac Woods is 50 miles northwest or 1 hour outside of Washington, DC, and is within driving distance of several major cities, including Richmond, Baltimore, and Philadelphia. Potomac Woods is owned and operated by Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital, the largest Girl Scout council in the United States of America.
We have multiple opportunities available – camper care, program, business and logistics operations, kitchen, aquatics, and more. Visit our website for more information: www.sites.google.com/view/cpwstaff2022.
What do you get when you work at camp (besides a paycheck)?
- Room, board, and laundry facilities provided for residential staff
- Flexible scheduling - can work part of the summer or the full summer
- Saturdays off (except June 11 and July 2), and July 4th off; Friday nights after 6 PM off
- Paid pre-camp training and professional development
- Free certification in CPR/First Aid and other activities dependent on position (lifeguarding, archery, etc.)
- Networking opportunities and a chance to work with staff from across the nation and across the globe
- College credit/internship (We'll work with you to fulfill requirements.)
- Skill development in leadership, communication, problem-solving, behavior management, creativity, program facilitation, childcare, and more
- An active summer outdoors in the woods without screens!
- Memories and friendships to last a lifetime
- The opportunity to create a positive impact on the youth of today
Swimming at the pool,
Getting creative at arts & crafts,
Trying outdoor cooking,
Learning about STEM, and
Taking aim at target sports like archery, slingshots, knife and tomahawk (axe) throwing!
Campers participate in many wonderful Camp Potomac Woods traditions, including:
Hikes to explore the legendary Pooh Tree or beautiful River Walk.
Full of creativity and imagination, all programs provide girls the opportunity to explore the outdoors while having the time of their lives!
Join the fun this summer while gaining work experience that you can carry into your future!
Starting at $350 per week
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job