Sudan: Project Manager, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The PROJECT MANAGER - SUDAN will lead a team of data analysts, community engagement experts, journalism mentors, and researchers to implement rumor management activities at the country level. Providing strategic oversight of the country team, the Project Manager will support staff to ensure activities are delivered on time and according to budget requirements, liaise and promote the project with senior stakeholders, and actively look for opportunities to expand and improve activities. This position will be closely supported by the Global Technical Advisory team and will liaise closely with Project Managers for other project countries to share resources and experience.
Are you seeking a local leadership position with extensive technical support? A chance to lead a fun and creative team? A full-time, work from home position? If so, this may be the position for you!
- Ability to work and reside in Sudan
- Experience managing diverse teams and a talent for creating a welcoming and productive work environment
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, teamwork, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, and the ability to liaise authoritatively with figures from the humanitarian community, local media, local government, and other relevant actors when required
- Demonstrated experience in partner and relationship management
- Experience managing budgets, including producing forecasts and reports
- Extensive experience working in relief operations in challenging environments, preferably with a deep understanding of local media and/or community engagement activities
- Experience in field security planning and procedures in hostile environments/conflict zones
- Excellent knowledge of the mandates and modalities of the international humanitarian sector, including the UN cluster system. Experience working in health emergencies a plus
- Interest in, and familiarity with, new media and new digital applications for citizen journalism and information access
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, a good problem-solver, and flexible
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to produce high quality work under tight deadlines
- Fluency in written and spoken English
-Professional proficiency in additional regional languages a strong asset
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1440
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job