Sudan: Program Officer, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Program Officer (PO) provides support to the Project Manager to ensure systems and processes are put into place to support the smooth implementation of activities. This is a wide-reaching support role that will provide support to all aspects of the project including research activities, project reporting, and leading on Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the team.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page.
- Advanced degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Humanitarian Action, or a related field
- Five years of relevant professional experience working on humanitarian programs
- Excellent organizational, information and project management skills
- Strong writing skills and experience contributing to donor reporting under tight deadlines
- Fluency in Arabic and English; knowledge of other local languages an advantage
- Basic graphic design skills
- Team-building skills and the ability to support a diverse staff in a challenging and highly fluid environment
- Experience developing onboarding materials for new staff
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts in challenging environments, with a strong understanding of local authorities and international agencies like the UN, international NGOs, and local organizations and community representatives
- Comfort with scientific ideas and concepts, with a solid understanding of the issues affecting vulnerable groups during the pandemic
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact and the ability to negotiate
- Creativity, curiosity and a willingness to learn new skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, facilitation and presentation skills
To apply, please visit our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job