Sudan: Media Liaison Officer, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Media Liaison Officer will manage relationships between the project team and local media. They will help to better understand and respond to the needs of journalists in this crisis in relation to information, content and skills and approaches in combating misinformation.
For more, please visit our Careers page.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in media in Sudan
- Strong experience with communication, media development, social media monitoring, or similar
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts and/or working in challenging environments and having a strong understanding of how to work with local authorities, international agencies like the UN, international NGOs and local organizations and community representatives
- Experience organizing and conducting media trainings
- Excellent information management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, teamwork, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to produce high-quality reports and work under tight deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic; knowledge of other local languages an advantage
- Strong written and spoken English skills
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job