National Democratic Institute
Job Function: Washington DC
Location: Washington, DC
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) seeks a Subgrants Assistant to support its subgrant activities at NDI headquarters in Washington, DC. The Subgrants Department within NDI approves, issues, and monitors subgrants granted to international NGOs and US-based organizations. NDI monitors the subgrantees to ensure they are in compliance with federal regulations and non-U.S. donor regulations. The Subgrants Assistant will play an important role in providing assistance to the Subgrants Department. As a result of COVID-19, this position will start in a remote capacity. However, when the office re-opens, the position will be based in our Washington, DC office and the expectation is that the Subgrants Assistant will be based locally to fulfill this obligation.
• Send new award packages and modifications to subgrantees via email
• Enter new subgrant records in Access Subgrants Database and other related software
• Maintain subgrantee folders by ensuring all required documents are filed
• Prepare and route wire payment requests for management approval
• Prepare and send reporting reminders and close-out letters to subgrantees
• Support the Sr. Subgrants Administrators, as needed, to contribute to an efficient and effective management of the portfolios and a positive work environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management & Administration
• Minimum one (1) year work experience in accounting or other administrative field
• Previous experience with international nonprofit organization is desirable
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusivework environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs,jobrequirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of thisposition, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/p7kKmLFrXRNkflQaUdw5Y
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job