Student Recruitment and Outreach Manager
Briya Public Charter School
About the organization
Briya’s two-generation approach to education recognizes that parents are children’s first and most influential teachers. As parents’ literacy and educational levels increase, so does their children’s academic success. Briya is committed to strengthening families and communities through a learner-centered environment of trust, respect, and collaboration.
Briya’s mission is to strengthen families through culturally responsive two-generation education.
The Student Recruitment and Outreach Manager is responsible for recruiting student families to meet Briya’s annual year-round enrollment goals. The manager leverages a number of key resources to achieve enrollment goals: referral processes within Mary’s Center, Briya’s active Student Ambassador program, Briya’s network of partners across D.C., and the Briya outreach team and its staff partners.
• Create strategic and operational recruitment plans with leadership to ensure that all adult and early childhood classes meet enrollment numbers before the October count deadline and at subsequent enrollment checks throughout the year.
• Work closely with the Director of Adult Education to stay informed about student retention rates; participate in building strategies to increase retention. Adjust recruitment and outreach plans throughout the year in response to registration and retention needs, always working to keep Briya at 85% enrollment or greater during the school year.
• Evaluate registration, enrollment, and retention reports together with the Registration Manager, Director of Adult Education, Senior Director of Early Childhood Strategy, Director of Outreach & Adult Ed Strategy, and Executive Director to identify trends and necessary tactical shifts to maintain maximum enrollment.
Education and/or Experience –
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Demonstrated track record of student recruitment or related experience
• Experience building and sustaining strategic partnership
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in a related position
• English and Spanish proficiency (other languages a plus)
• Ability to work independently and without immediate supervision
Contact email: [email protected]
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job