Michigan College Access Network
About the organization
Michigan College Access Network aims to help students in Michigan access and attain college certificates and degrees — the foundation for success in a knowledge-based economy — so they can achieve a lifetime of their own goals, both economically and intellectually.
Under the supervision of the director of service strategy, the strategy manager will support MCAN’s service programs (AdviseMI, College Completion Corps, and AmeriCorps VISTAs), seeking collaboration and alignment. The strategy manager will work with program staff and the MCAN team to improve program effectiveness, in pursuit of leveraging service as a strategy to increase the postsecondary attainment rate for the state.
To support MCAN's national service programs, the strategy manager performs a wide range of duties including but not limited to:
- Recruitment and Onboarding
- Training and Professional Development
- Data Management and Evaluation
- Alumni Engagement
- Cross-Program Collaboration and Strategy
The ideal candidate should:
- Have experience considering the impacts of college access and success on multiple communities, including communities of color and those with low socioeconomic status.
- Have experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- Be able to work independently and accurately perform duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Have ability to solve problems, pay attention to detail, and follow through on tasks.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Have a passion for working in the nonprofit and education sector – especially for postsecondary attainment.
- Have strong written communication skills
- Show professionalism through confidence, competence and communication.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Have a strong and demonstrated commitment to equity.
- Have a valid in-state driver license for local travel.
Priority will be given to candidates with:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Prior service as a Peace Corps volunteer, AmeriCorps member, in any stream of service, or as a college adviser or success coach.
- Experience working with high schools and/or higher education institutions.
$50,000 - $55,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job