About the organization
Integrate Health (IH) is a rapidly growing global health organization working to serve communities in West Africa and New York. We believe that access to healthcare is a human right, and we are committed to making this a reality in the countries in which we work. IH works alongside governments and the local community to implement and study an integrated approach to strengthening primary healthcare delivery in order to achieve universal health coverage. By integrating professional Community Health Workers with improved care in public clinics, this approach creates a patient-centered health system that is accountable to the community and dramatically reduces mortality in severely resource-limited settings. Over the past five years, in partnership with the Ministry of Health, IH has expanded its proven approach to serve nearly 200,000 people across northern Togo. IH is now posed to effectively support the government to leverage this success to ensure high-quality primary healthcare.
Task 1: Initial landscape assessment and analysis
The overall contract deliverable will be a landscape assessment and analysis of Benin’s healthcare system and stakeholders. The assessment should be conducted using the eight stages in the Community Health Systems Reform Cycle framework .
IH expects an initial report to be completed and presented to IH’s senior leadership team in the first 6-8 weeks of the project.
Task 2: Follow up and refined analysis
IH will then have the opportunity to refine research questions and request follow up analysis, which the Analyst will complete in the remaining 4-6 weeks of the project. At this point, IH will also determine whether a contract extension is warranted.
Task 3: Strong communication throughout the project
IH expects the Analyst to meet with IH’s Chief Partnership Officer on a biweekly basis to report on progress and problem solve together.
Task 4: Build relationships on behalf of IH
The Analyst must represent IH in professional manner in accordance with IH’s values. Finally, IH anticipates that the Analyst will build relationships with key stakeholders and connect them to IH for future collaboration.
• Fluency in French required
• Individuals who can bring new perspectives to the organization (recruiting for culture add rather than culture fit)
• 5+ years relevant professional experience
• Demonstrated ability to perform landscape and stakeholder analyses
• Previous experience within or partnering with the Beninois public health system or Beninois government or partner organization
• An organized individual who can complete detailed and robust tasks on time
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience building and managing diverse relationships/partners
What will get us excited?
• 8-10 years relevant professional experience
• Professional competency in English preferred
• Health-related degree or experience preferred
• Non-profit, international NGO, or government experience preferred
• You are self-directed and able to identify and act on opportunities for improvement and collaboration
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a resume, your proposed daily rate with justification, and responses to the three questions below in no more than one page to [email protected] with “Strategy Analyst, Benin” in the subject line.
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What is one reason you think you’d be a good fit for this position?
3. What is one strength you would bring to this position?
Please keep total question responses to a maximum of one page. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job