Storytellers (Content Creation) Internship in Palestine
Tomorrow's Youth Organisation
About the organization
Tomorrow's Youth Organization (TYO) aims to enable children, youth, and parents in disadvantaged areas of the Middle East to realize their potential as healthy, active and responsible family and community members. From our flagship center in Nablus, Palestine, TYO offers psychosocial-based, educational, vocational, entrepreneurship and mental health programs supporting children, youth, women and parents.
TYO’s International Internship Program offers students, recent graduates, and young professionals a chance to develop their professional and intercultural skills by gaining work experience in a non-profit organization in the Middle East. Interns work full-time for a period of three months in cooperation with TYO local and international staff.
● You will generate innovative visual storytelling ideas and content to form a project that you will work on over the course of your three-month internship.
● You will create and contribute valuable and creative content to increase the public awareness and impact of our organisation and to help TYO tell the stories of our work, projects and community.
● You will capture content and shoot videos at our flagship center in Nablus and in the field, with equal skill at experimenting with social media and mobile technologies.
● You will work collaboratively with TYO staff at every step of the creation process of your project, from conception to final rollout.
● You may assist our Social Media and Digital Communications team with other projects and work, depending on need, opportunity and your interests.
We offer an unpaid internship for 12 weeks during the spring session (January-April 2020). We hope it will be some of the most rewarding weeks of your working life.
Applications are open in November and December for spring interns. From there, qualified applicants move on to phone or video interviews and may be given a brief assignment.
Selected interns will receive:
● Roundtrip ground transportation to the airport
● Housing (room and board) as well as groceries at TYO’s expansive center
● Two weekend trips to culturally and historically significant places in the West Bank and/or Jerusalem
● Local SIM card and credit for local texts and calls (no data)
● You are an aspiring or accomplished filmmaker, storyteller, graphic designer, photographer and/or artist.
● You have expertise in data visualization and human-centered design, are proficient in and ahead of the curve when it comes to new design and media approaches and tools.
● You have a portfolio of visual storytelling experience and creative content that you will use as your foundation to gain further experience and passion in this role.
● You have excellent attention to detail. You have excellent organizational skills and a sophisticated visual sense.
● You have project management skills. You have a strong track record of shepherding reports and creative content through the production process, with the ability to collaborate and work independently.
● You are a people person, take criticism and feedback well, and see it as an opportunity to grow and learn.
● You have maturity, flexibility, initiative, perseverance and a good sense of humor given the challenging nature of daily life in Palestine.
● You have a commitment to TYO's non-political, non-religious approach and respect the cultural norms of the organization and its community.
TYO’s mission is to support refugees and marginalized communities toward building resilience and mental well-being amidst conflict. We have a diverse and multi-cultural team and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Contact email: [email protected]
Send us a resume and cover letter, but remember, we want to know the real you, so don’t just summarize your resume points. Let us know why you want to intern with us, what motivates you, and why you love creative storytelling and creating content. Include at least two examples of previous creative storytelling projects you’ve managed or contributed to. Here’s an example of what a previous intern produced just to give you an idea of one type of project we’re looking for.
Send via email with the subject line: (Storytellers Internship - Spring Session 2020) to [email protected]
The application deadline is Saturday December 14th 2019, however applications will be assessed on a rolling basis until positions have been filled so please apply ASAP. TYO reserves the right to fill positions before the application closing date. We can’t wait to meet you!
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job