About the organization
Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking a Junior Staffing Coordinator to support the Office of Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean (ALAC) and/or the Office of Middle East, North Africa, and Europe (MENAE) within USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). BHA leads and coordinates the U.S.
Government’s humanitarian assistance efforts overseas in response to natural disasters and protracted crises. The bureau also supports early recovery efforts that restore and protect basic systems and services and invests in risk reduction programs that prevent or reduce risks associated with chronic and recurrent hazards.
The Junior Staffing Coordinator will be assigned to the ALAC and/or MENAE Management and Integration Team (MIT). Daily guidance and direction will be provided by the MIT Lead and Deputy for Management, with formal supervisory functions performed by a Macfadden contract supervisor.
● Supports office leadership with Planning Responsible Unit (RU) Responsibilities for DARTs and RMTs. This includes supporting Response Readiness systems including but not limited to Position Task Books, the on-call roster/reporting, and response readiness staff tracking system.
● Collaborates with the Office of Africa to standardize approaches, guidance, and processes for Responsible Unit Management for all Planning positions.
● Serves as the staffing liaison between the office(s) and response Deputy Manager for Operations (DMO)/leadership to address staffing needs and questions. In this role, support the recruitment and assigning of staff to planning positions on the DARTs and RMTs in consultation with ALAC/MENAE leadership.
● Works with other RUs and the BHA Response Management Systems and Performance Division to modify the Response Management System, e.g. creating or modifying roles/processes based on the needs of current responses and in preparation for future responses.
● Is responsible for managing and updating staffing tracker(s), organizational charts, and other relevant staffing documents for ALAC and/or MENAE office(s).
● Tracks ALAC and/or MENAE’s recruitment actions and assists with drafting memos and scopes of work with guidance and input from ALAC/MENAE leadership.
Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements
Bachelor’s or graduate degree preferred, with minimum three years of administrative experience in an office environment preferred. Administrative/office experience may include internships.
Qualified candidates must possess the following skills:
● Familiarity with USAID and its administrative rules, policies, and regulations;
● Familiarity with the various hiring mechanisms within USAID (including but not limited to USPSCs, PASA, Foreign Service, Institutional Support Contractors) and their effects on pay, travel, and other compensations;
● Knowledge of staffing procedures as they relate to BHA’s Response Management System, including the Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) and Response Management Team (RMT) positions;
● Advanced proficiency in database management and analytic software and Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Google Sheets, and cloud management resources;
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google Workspace, SharePoint, and Windows file manager;
● Excellent communications skills and attention to detail;
Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government issued Secret clearance for the duration of your employment. One of the requirements for a US Government Secret clearance is US citizenship. Only applicants who currently hold an active Secret or higher-level security clearance or who are eligible to receive a Secret security clearance will be considered for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job