About the organization
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Finance team. The position reports to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial information. We need you to be highly organized and detail and deadline-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously. The right candidate has outstanding client service skills, operates independently with minimal direction, and enjoys working in a fast paced, mission driven environment.
- Record weekly cash receipts and cash transactions
- Maintain fixed asset and lease schedules, depreciation, amortization, and resolve discrepancies
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate month-end close procedures including preparation of journal entries, resolving discrepancies, metrics reports, and GL and bank account reconciliations
- Assist with monthly financial statements and other ad hoc reports, as needed
- Manage tax schedules for Arabella entities annual partnership returns
- Manage sales and use tax and local tax jurisdiction reporting including research, analysis and preparation of returns
- Work closely with our registered agent to manage and track the multiple state business registrations and annual compliance requirements
- Serve as back-up for financial management support for a portfolio of family foundation clients
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, and a minimum of two years’ relevant accounting experience
- Understanding of basic accounting principles including accrual accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook and Word)
-A strong work ethic, well-organized and a self-starter; ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
- Ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job