St. Croix Environmental Association Development Coordinator
St. Croix Environmental Association
About the organization
Known locally as SEA, we are a member-driven organization committed to protecting and conserving our beautiful island environment. St. Croix is the largest of the US Virgin Islands and is surrounded by turquoise waters and some of the most colorful coral reefs in the Caribbean.
SEA was formed as a grassroots organization in 1986. By creating innovative environmental education programs for children and adults, sponsoring engaging activities and remaining vigilant in seeking compliance with local and federal environmental regulations, the St. Croix Environmental Association continues to provide leadership for a healthy and sustainable environment.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing fundraising and marketing efforts for St. Croix Environmental Association, including donor and member
development, fundraising events and corporate giving.
• Develop and implement the organization’s comprehensive fundraising plan based on fundraising needs identified with the Executive Director and the Board
• Research and pursue organizational support through corporations, foundations, governments, and
• Serve as a clearinghouse for all requests on behalf of St. Croix Environmental Association to
individuals, corporations and foundations by staff or trustees
• Pursue options for commercial support: equipment, software, services, and other in-kind support
• Supervise donor records, ensuring that appropriate acknowledgements are made and benefits
• Cultivates and stewards donor relationships and guides and assists the Board members in cultivating
relationships with community members, local businesses, SEA members, major donors, grant offerors, and other funders
• Work with Executive Director and Board to research, write and prepare grant applications, proposals and reports
• Work with Executive Director to refine language, institutional positioning, and message points
• Ensures that all development and fundraising activities have minimal environmental impact
• Incomplete job listing
Full job description: https://www.stxenvironmental.org/jobs/
The Development Coordinator must have a demonstrated ability to build relationships with
diverse groups within the population. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are essential. A bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years experience and knowledge of non-profit development and marketing is preferred. General knowledge of environmental issues and a willingness to learn more is required. Candidate should be resourceful, creative, organized and able to initiate and follow through with projects. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and social media.
Contact email: [email protected]
Position is 30 hours a week and requires some weekend and evening hours. Salary is commensurate with experience. For more information on SEA, visit stxenvironmental.org. Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by February 25, 2020 to [email protected], and include the job title in the subject line.
No relocation available. Position based on St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job