Sr. Research Program Coordinator: Global Programs Coordinator (REQ 16317)
Johns Hopkins University Berman Institute of Bioethics
About the organization
The Berman Institute of Bioethics' mission is to identify and address key ethical issues in science, clinical care, and public health, locally and globally.
Coordinate and support international projects and collaborations that seek to advance capacity in bioethics and research ethics with partner institutions in sub-Saharan Africa and potentially elsewhere. Involvement in the daily administration of: partnerships with institutions in low- and middle-income countries to co-develop and sustain international ethics-related Master’s degree programs., a Johns Hopkins-based bioethics post-doctoral training program for fellows from Africa, a regional bioethics consortium, and projects seeking to enhance bioethics infrastructure and policies for research and clinical practice in partner institutions. Guide workflow to ensure timely completion of activities and facilitate communications and meetings among members of interdisciplinary project teams, with domestic and international collaborators. Draft training and grant-related documents and agreements; write, coordinate and distribute program newsletters and web-based announcements; and handle all logistics involved in bringing international trainees, fellows and faculty members to the US for short- and long-term exchanges and training (e.g., soliciting and reviewing candidates, supporting visa processes, managing travel, identifying and reserving housing, registering participants for courses, developing training schedules, coordinating guest speakers, and facilitating payments/reimbursements). Assist program leadership and trainees with program evaluations. Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience.
- Master’s degree in bioethics, public or international health, public policy, social sciences or related degree preferred.
- Five years’ experience preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Related experience in bioethics, social science, public or international health, health research, or related fields.
- Candidate must be able and willing to travel internationally at least once per year, for one to two weeks, if needed.
- Candidate must have data analysis skills such as knowledge/application of SPSS and/or STATA and qualitative analysis methods and software programs (e.g., NVIVO, Atlas Ti, etc).
- Candidate also must have excellent written, communications and interpersonal skills (particularly when working with international collaborators), superior organizational skills and the ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, able to work independently, meet deadlines, maintain a flexible and adaptable working style and display superb professional judgment and discretion.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please complete an application at https://jobs.jhu.edu for requisition 16317 and include your cover letter and resume.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job