Sr Admin Asst EGC & IDE Program
About the organization
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
The successful candidate for this position would serve as the principal resource to current and prospective IDE students. This important component of the overall role includes: providing guidance and information on administrative, academic and procedural matters for all the IDE students; fostering a welcoming and engaging environment for the students at the EGC, providing for students to interact with one another and others at the EGC; providing support to the IDE Director on student and program issues; planning and coordinating all IDE events, including the new student orientation, any prospective student visits, all program-sponsored social gatherings, the annual dinner, and all commencement activities. Other tasks may also be required for special projects identified by the IDE Director to support new and ongoing priorities for the program.
Required Education and Experience:
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for working and interacting with students, faculty, staff and visitors of various seniority. Ability to create a nurturing environment for international students and scholars from all over the world. Proven ability to interact with a diverse group of people. Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Superior computer skills, including advanced proficiency with MS Word and Excel. Proven ability using email, calendaring, and scheduling software. Proven ability to draft correspondence and handle confidential material.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, and balance multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines in a busy environment with frequent interruptions. Mature judgment and discretion required.
• Demonstrated event planning and program coordination skills, including strong organizational skills.
• Reliable, responsible, professional, and flexible. Availability to work occasional evenings.
• Preferred Education and Experience: 1-2 years of full-time work experience in a similar setting and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Ideally, experience with Drupal or similar content management software.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job