Special Assistant to CEO (Remote)
World Education Services
About the organization
World Education Services (WES) is a non-profit social enterprise dedicated to helping immigrants, refugees, and international students achieve economic, social, and educational inclusion in the United States and Canada. For nearly 50 years, WES has helped people learn, work, and thrive in new places and helped society recognize the value of people’s education and experience.
World Education Services is looking for a Special Assistant in the Office of the CEO to work closely with the CEO and her Chief of Staff in executing the overall mandate of the leadership team and driving cross-functional strategic work across our organization. The Special Assistant will have a strategic view of the organization, with insight into the operations of a leading social enterprise working at the intersection of higher education, global mobility, and workforce development, and serving international students, immigrants, and refugees.
• Join the CEO for selected high priority meetings internally and externally - tracking discussions and taking accountability for follow-up.
• Lead CEO preparation for high priority meetings, such as external speaking events, discussions on strategic initiatives, and internal all-staff meetings on key initiatives.
• Lead project management for annual and quarterly Departmental reviews and assist in leading prioritization processes. Work with the Chief of Staff to develop a plan for improving and ensuring alignment across teams on the organization’s highest priorities.
• Manage follow up of senior leadership meetings including communicating to relevant stakeholders.
• Facilitate the planning and project management of the Board of Trustees and Board Committee meetings by working with the CEO and Chief of Staff to develop agendas, prepare for meetings, coordinate materials, and drafting the CEO Report.
• Support roll-out and execution of company annual processes (including discussions on prioritization, performance monitoring, and budgeting).
• Develop analytics, presentations and reporting for the CEO and Chief of Staff.
• Facilitate, edit, and draft CEO and corporate communications in partnership with the Senior Director, Strategic Communications.
• Coordinate closely with the Executive Assistant to the CEO on calendar management for major meetings, programs, and activities.
• Ad hoc projects and other duties as required.
• 2+ years of professional experience
• Commitment to the WES mission.
• Ambitious career goals to advance to leadership positions in the future.
• Commitment to confidentiality and discretion in appropriately handling sensitive information is required.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong strategic thinking, planning and analytical skills.
• Poise, confidence, and maturity in interacting with key stakeholders.
• Ability to build strong relationships and work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented in planning and executing tasks.
• Highly efficient in managing multiple concurrent diverse tasks and projects.
• Ability to use independent judgment and work under pressure on competing responsibilities with resilience, and a high level of ownership.
• Collaborative and a team player.
• Bachelor’s degree
USA: $72K - $82K USD
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job