Special Assistant- 19116
About the organization
The world’s leading conservation organization, WWF works in 100 countries and is supported by more than one million members in the United States and close to five million globally. WWF's unique way of working combines global reach with a foundation in science, involves action at every level from local to global, and ensures the delivery of innovative solutions that meet the needs of both people and nature.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Development and Board Relations, the Special Assistant provides professional support on a variety of activities, special projects and strategy implementation to meet fundraising goals as outlined in Development's strategic plan. The Special Assistant helps the SVP attend to priorities and plays an active role in the successful operation of the Development Department and WWF overall. Applying expertise and training in policy and/or business, provides substantive support to SVP in preparation for meetings, develops memos and presentations, and coordinates with WWF staff and external stakeholders to ensure that actions are taken, and projects completed.
Professional and Administrative Support to SVP
*Provides administrative support to SVP by:
*monitoring deadlines, following up on delegated projects, and providing appropriate coordination on tasks that require research and interaction with Senior Management Team members, Network and WWF-US colleagues, donors, or consultants
Departmental Management and Coordination
*Attends meetings, as appropriate, with, or as a representative for, SVP and/or the department to document critical commitments and ensure prompt follow through as required
Board and Donor Relations Support
*Working with Director of Board Relations, supports SVP to carry out Board management responsibilities
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required; Master's degree preferred;
• Two or more years of work experience or equivalent; project management an asset;
• Working knowledge of conservation and environmental policy required;
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute a large number of activities at once under tight deadlines;
• High degree of knowledge, critical thinking, competence, judgement and composure;
• Ability to operate with considerable independence and to take initiative;
• Technological skills: Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel; experience using constituent relationship management systems (CRM) is a plus;
• Experience working with international professional colleagues;
• Ability to work with staff across levels and build relationships with stakeholders.
• Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #19116
• Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
• Please submit your resume for this role ASAP
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/6cydb3r5ysx8dt9s
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job