Southeast Asia: Finance Officer, Investing in Independent Media
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Finance Officer has overall responsibility for the efficient operation of the Finance departments, the timely delivery of monthly financial reports, and coordination and communication between operational and financial supports.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page.
• Bachelor's degree or internationally recognized professional qualification in Accounting, Finance, administration, or another closely related field
• At least 3 years' experience in finance and accounting, with excellent understanding of finance and accounting-related issues
• Fluency in Burmese and strong English language skills (written and spoken)
• Ability to work on a multicultural team and maintain effective (remote) communication with colleagues
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
• Familiarity with Internet resources and programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; knowledge of accounting software. Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software desirable.
• Ability to deliver results and collaborate with team members against tight deadlines.
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job