South Sudan Senior Operations Manager Description
The Carter Center
About the organization
The Carter Center, in partnership with Emory University, is guided by a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering; it seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health.
The Carter Center is guided by five principles:
1.The Center emphasizes action and results. Based on careful research and analysis, it is prepared to take timely action on important and pressing issues.
2.The Center does not duplicate the effective efforts of others.
3.The Center addresses difficult problems and recognizes the possibilities of failure as an acceptable risk.
4.The Center is nonpartisan and acts as a neutral in dispute resolution activities.
5.The Center believes that people can improve their lives when provided with the necessary skills, knowledge, and access to resources.
The Carter Center collaborates with other organizations, public or private, in carrying out its mission.
The Senior Operations Manager will assist in the implementation of interventions against Guinea worm disease (GWD) in all identified villages/localities with endemic transmission of GWD. The Contractor will assist the SSGWEP to strengthen its capacity to provide closer oversight over the distribution of supplies and resources required to support interventions to stop transmission of GWD in South Sudan. Primary responsibilities are:
1. Assist the CR and DCR to supervise and monitor transportation, procurement, and operational management of The Carter Center supported programs by providing direct, day-to-day management and oversight of the aforementioned areas.
2. Ensure a safe, respectful, efficient, effective, and clean work place while building a sense of team by giving all staff the opportunity to grow professionally and utilize their skills and experience.
3. Serve as the procurement officer for Juba, ensuring that all purchases for the organization are done transparently and fully in-line with established procurement guidelines at all times.
4. Provide overall supervision and coordination for supply chain operations and TCC logistics officers (logistician and compound manager).
5. Verify that TCC assets, materials, supplies, and financial resources are being used in an honest and transparent fashion. Ensure TCC-supported programs maintain accurate inventories of all physical resources.
- Demonstrated experience with the preparation of technical reports, budgets, plans of action, and management of inventories.
- Demonstrated ability to build team work.
- Ability to make sound work judgments under difficult conditions, and to become technically effective with minimal level of attention from supervisors.
- Sound personal and professional conduct, and respect for the work of The Carter Center and the Ministry of Health of South Sudan.
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to [email protected] . Subject line must include: Application Senior Operations Manager Position. All documents must be in Microsoft word or PDF format. In the body of the e-mail, please indicate where you saw the job posting. Only finalists will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply