South Central PA Organizer
About the organization
CeaseFirePA is an organization dedicated to ending the epidemic of gun violence in Pennsylvania. Our goal is simple: everyone in the Commonwealth should live in safe communities. Gun violence, in any form, makes that an impossible reality.
Since we began our work in 2002, we’ve become a trusted voice, definitive resource, and galvanizing force for our member organizations, the general public, members of the media and policymakers alike. We use our proximity, platform and network to ensure that the voices most impacted by gun violence are heard by those with the power to impact the most change. We are approachable experts, compassionate connectors, humble partners, aggressive advocates and urgent messengers — because this work requires heart, grit, compassion and a resolute commitment to bringing peace, not fear, to people across the state.
Our Organizer will help build the necessary power in the region for a Common Agenda to End Gun Violence and other life-saving policies. You will:
● Expand a Grassroots Movement: You’ll teach supporters how to understand our gun violence crisis and motivate them to use their voices in the name of saving lives. You’ll build a core of volunteers ready to take part in actions such as lobbying, letter writing, canvassing, phone banking, and more.
● Build strong partnerships and coalitions. You’ll network with faith leaders, medical and educational professionals, anti-violence leaders, community activists, and law enforcement to build coalitions of committed partners advocating for common sense gun laws.
● Change the narrative on gun violence prevention. By harnessing the power of storytelling, you’ll raise the voices of survivors, gun owners, and public health officials to redefine our movement’s message in local media.
● Advocate for policy solutions with decision-makers. You’ll lobby those in power by meeting with them and organizing protests, town halls, marches, and other engagement events to push them to be better on the issue of gun violence prevention.
● Demonstrated history of building close relationships with volunteers and allies.
● Compelling public speaking skills that motivate, persuade, and mobilize citizens to drive change.
● Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to analyze and understand political landscapes.
● Self-starter who enjoys creating and implementing new projects and who is also committed to cooperating with a team.
● Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from different cultures and lived experiences.
$40,000-$45,000 depending upon experience
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job