Solid Waste Technical Analyst
CNMI Office of Planning and Development
About the organization
Established 2017 by Public Law 20-20, the CNMI Office of Planning and Development (OPD) provides short- and long-term guidance on al economic, infrastructure, and physical development of the CNMI. OPD assist other local agencies in planning in order to harmonize, improve, and assist in implementation comprehensive planning activities at all levels of government.
• Participates in weekly project team meetings and monthly Interisland Solid Waste Management
Taskforce (ISWMT) planning meetings, including reviewing documentation of meeting minutes and
tracking of project needs, next steps, and deliverables and leading on task follow-ups specific to
technical implementation components of planning, construction implementation, and O&M;
• Develops specifications and requests for performance of contracts including supporting
development of Tinian Zero Waste proposal requirements in close coordination with USEPA and
• Supports task management and implementation documentation production and provides technical feedback to support identification and capacity building / training needs;
• Coordinates programs and activities with federal, CNMI, and municipalities and agencies as well as schools and local businesses as directed to support a concerted effort toward achievement of the CNMI’s CSDP-identified percentage recycling goal and related municipal management objectives;
• Monitors, inspects, and coordinates contract requirements concerning waste management facility operations, landfill operations, franchise collection, and other related recycling, waste reduction, and reuse efforts;
• Compiles data for statistical tabulation and analysis; submits comprehensive reports to state and
local officials covering the current accomplishments of recycling and waste reduction programs;
Strong written and oral communication skills, meeting organization, facilitation, and note-taking,
computer literacy, interpersonal communication skills, proactivity, time management and critical
thinking, as well as knowledge of planning processes are required. Detail-oriented project management experience that demonstrates strong analytical and budgeting skills is recommended; Solid Waste Industry Knowledge is preferred but not required. At minimum an Associate’s Degree is required with evidence of successful completion of l year of study that included at least 6 semester hours of courses in one or a combination of courses such as drafting, surveying, mathematics, physical science, industrial technology, industrial arts, or technical subjects pertinent to construction; or engineering technician work such as electricity, material testing, or engineering mechanics. A Bachelor’s Degree is recommended and a Master’s Degree is preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications of the appointee.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please email, as a single PDF document, a cover letter, CV or resume, names and contact information for three references, and a copy of terminal degree OR unofficial transcripts to Kodep Ogumoro-Uludong, OPD Director ([email protected]), cc Erin Derrington ([email protected]). Alternatively, hard copies of all documents can be sent to Kodep Ogumoro-Uludong, Director, Office of Planning and Development, Caller Box 10007, Saipan, MP 96950.
For questions or clarifications, please contact Erin Derrington ([email protected])
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job