Solid Waste / SSG Planner & Project Coordinator
CNMI Office of Planning and Development
About the organization
Established 2017 by Public Law 20-20, the CNMI Office of Planning and Development (OPD) provides short- and long-term guidance on al economic, infrastructure, and physical development of the CNMI. OPD assist other local agencies in planning in order to harmonize, improve, and assist in implementation comprehensive planning activities at all levels of government.
• Facilitates and oversees weekly project team meetings and monthly Interisland Solid Waste
Management Taskforce (ISWMT) planning meetings, including ensuring documentation of meeting
minutes and tracking of project needs, next steps, and deliverables;
• Reviews contractor technical deliverables, project completion and financial reporting, and resolves issues relative to deliverables and financial reports;
• Oversees the development and maintenance of OPD web-based (digital) program management tools to report, track, and share program milestones, deliverables, and communicate progress as well as the development and maintenance of a public stakeholder/inter-island web-based program
management tools to report, track, and share program milestones, deliverables, and communicate
• Manages assigned work plan components including drafting procurement services requests for
review by project team to ensure timely progress is being made toward grant deliverables and
• Leads review of proposals and job applications relevant to Solid Waste management project and SSG planning efforts;
• Facilitates “Zero Waste” planning project in close coordination with ISWMT;
• Supports project management components including drafting, publication, contracting, and
permitting needs for construction, capacity building, and tool development such as digital project
management tracking and SSG assessment tool;
General knowledge of project management, contract or grant management training or experience, and strong written and oral communication skills, meeting organization, facilitation, and note-taking capabilities are required. Candidate must demonstrate computer literacy, interpersonal communication skills, proactivity, time management and critical thinking abilities. Knowledge of and skills in compliance procedures, capital planning principles, and proficiency of Microsoft Office, Analytical and Budgeting tools are necessary. Solid Waste Industry Knowledge preferred but not required, but is encouraged. At minimum an Associate’s Degree is required; a Bachelor’s Degree is recommended.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications of the appointee.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please email, as a single PDF document, a cover letter, CV or resume, names and contact information for three references, and a copy of terminal degree OR unofficial transcripts to Kodep Ogumoro-Uludong, OPD Director ([email protected]), cc Erin Derrington ([email protected]). Alternatively, hard copies of all documents can be sent to Kodep Ogumoro-Uludong, Director, Office of Planning and Development, Caller Box 10007, Saipan, MP 96950.
For questions or clarifications, please contact Erin Derrington ([email protected])
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job