Software Product Management Consultancy
Last Mile Health
About the organization
About Last Mile Health:
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you have experience developing digital health and product management strategies while supporting project management and technical specifications drafting for contracted engineers? If so, we would love to consider you for a Software Product Manager consultancy.
Commitment: 6 months at 40 hours a week
Location: Boston, MA
Remuneration: Estimated fees upon completion are expected to total $45,000. Consultant will be paid upon completion of each deliverable or according to a mutually agreed upon timeline.
What You'll Do:
You will oversee a portfolio of products built by external third party partner development teams to build products with strong user value, impressive usability, and meets modern quality standards. You will also provide project management of development teams and contracts.
Listed below are key deliverables for this consultancy:
- Support development of digital health department strategy
- Develop a digital health software product development sub-strategy
- Assess staff requirements for digital health product manager
- Develop digital health product roadmap
- Draft software development standard operating procedure
- Draft digital health team management standard operating procedure
- Support in drafting and reviewing software development contracts.
What You'll Bring:
- Master’s degree in a related program, or several years of work experience in the topical areas mentioned above
- 4 or more years of experience leading agile projects as a product owner and/or product manager
- Understanding of digital health strategy inputs and requirements
- Ability to assess technical requirements for application improvements and manage developers to complete required improvements following specified deadlines
- Demonstrated expertise in technical content writing
You'll Impress Us If:
- You’ve implemented digital health products in low resource settings
- You have excellent technical understanding of key areas of various industries and the technologies transforming them (digital strategy, transformation, IT infrastructure & architecture, cloud, analytics, cyber security, etc.)
- You have a background in computer science with knowledge and understanding of technical engineering best practices (e.g., test driven development, continuous integration, etc.)
- You have proficient with drawing storyboards, creating wireframes, maintaining product backlogs, writing user stories, and developing acceptance criteria.
- You have technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, development trade-offs, and new opportunities with technical team members
- You have previously developed digital innovations for use in the health space
- You have experience with contributing to open-source projects
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job