Social Media Recruitment Coordinator
SOS Children's Villages Illinois
About the organization
At SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, we are committed to providing safe, stable, loving homes for children in the foster care system with a focus on keeping siblings together. We do this by keeping brothers and sisters together in an individual home in the care of a full-time, Professional Foster Parent. In doing so, we lay the foundation for rebuilding trust, confidence, and hope for each child in our care.
For over 25 years, SOS Children’s Villages Illinois has provided the highest quality of care for Illinois’ most vulnerable children and families. We are the first self-funded SOS organization in the United States. Since our beginning, we have carried on the successful track record of SOS-Kinderdorf International. In addition, we have pioneered a number of successful programs such as providing SOS Children continued support as they enter young adulthood, and empowering parents to pursue successful reunification of their families.
The Social Media Recruitment Coordinator serves as SOS Children’s Villages Illinois’ primary resource for social media activities and creating and maintaining referral partner relationships. This individual ensures that SOS Children’s Villages Illinois’ internal and external image is appealing, branding compliant, and representative of our mission as well as ensuring that the web and local presence is targeted towards appropriate audiences for creating and maintaining a consist lead flow of qualified Foster Parent candidates.
Working in collaboration with the Director of Communications and the Chief Strategy Officer, this position is responsible for designing and outputting print and web content, and executing a consistent marketing strategy for the agency across print, web, social media, in-person, online, and other channels of recruitment engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Executes owned, shared, and paid social media strategies with special attention to research and best practices, benchmarking, and messaging, with particular focus on Foster Parent recruitment.
2. Creates and maintains a social media editorial calendar and manages publishing schedule of content both on the website and across social channels based around: brand awareness, Agency performance, recruitment, and fundraising.
3. Assists with, updates, and tracks performance of sosillinois.org. Creates all new and edits existing pages, forms, and sliders.
1. Commitment to SOS Children’s Villages Illinois’ philosophy and mission.
2. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, human resources (with experience in Recruitment), social sciences, or related field.
3. A minimum of one-year experience in print and/or digital marketing, social media management, sales, recruitment, or related communications strategies.
4. Demonstrated proficiency to use Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office.
5. Experience with or willingness to learn social media scheduling and research platforms.
6. Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills; close attention to detail.
7. Ability and willingness to travel to the Lockport, Chicago, Roosevelt Square Villages and Casa Tepeyac, as well as metro area meetings as position requires.
8. Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
9. Ability to work in an alcohol, tobacco, drug, and firearm-free environment.
10. Ability to be flexible and work effectively and efficiently.
11. Ability to provide required DCFS Medical Report/TB test.
12. A valid driver’s license with reliable access to a vehicle.
13. Ability to meet DCFS requirements as they relate to employment in a Child Welfare Agency, including a criminal background check and Drug Screen.
14. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials.
$38,500.00 To 42,000.00 Annually
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job